Trainee Hydraulic Fitter - Gloucester
Branch Hydraulic Systems, part of the Fluid Power Group, is looking for a Trainee Fitter to join their busy workshop, based in Innsworth Technology Park, Gloucester.
Branch Hydraulic Systems specialises in the design and manufacture of critical and complex fluid power (hydraulic) systems, generally for bespoke machinery in an extremely diverse range of industries, for example, aerospace, motor racing, off-highway equipment and process industry.
The company is experiencing a period of exponential growth and requires a trainee hydraulic fitter to join the team and to learn on the job how to build and test hydraulic power packs. There could be an option of completing a mechanical engineering apprenticeship for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work closely with various people and departments across the company, to ensure the highest quality standards, exceeding customers’ customer service expectations.
The working hours will be 08:00-16:30 Monday to Friday, flexibility to work later when required is essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Building hydraulic power packs to the required specification as per the Project Manager’s instructions
- To ensure that all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution
- Ensure all testing, operations, processes and daily checks are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures and relevant regulations.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained within the Workshop and responsible/assigned areas
- To carry out any additional duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Hydraulic and Mechanical Engineering is not required as full training can be provided, however, Mechanical aptitude is essential; experience or training in the use of relevant tools and equipment would be an advantage.
- Ability to read engineering drawings would be of benefit but training will be provided
- Basic electrical knowledge is an advantage
- Must be computer literate, able to learn new systems quickly
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enthusiasm and ability to self-motivate as well as contribute positively to a team are very desirable characteristics for the position.
- Competitive Salary, negotiable based on experience
- Training provided
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
If you think this job sounds right for you, please do not hesitate to apply today. Please send your C.V and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please call the Recruitment Team on 01452 730 774 (Option 4) if you would like to discuss this role further. We have a dedicated recruitment team that enjoys the personal side of recruitment so we ask that recruitment agencies please refrain from contacting us.