This position has now been filled
Due to exponential growth, the need has arisen for a Stores Manager to join our growing team in Innsworth in Gloucester.
Group HES was formed in 1965 and comprises of Hydraulic Equipment Supermarkets, Branch Hydraulic Systems, HES Tractec, HES Lubemec and HES Automatec. The company was recently named as one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Gloucestershire and need new team members to support this growth.
This Stores Manager role oversees all logistics and warehouse processes on a day-to-day basis, to ensure the smooth running of the busy stores environment. We are looking for someone who can grow with our expanding business and has previous experience of warehouse management in a medium-sized business with multiple sites and has the knowledge, drive and ability to grow with the business as it expands.
A cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this job, why we should choose you over other candidates and your desire to work for our company, is essential. Any application without a cover letter will not be considered.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will:
- Be accountable for all warehouse, storage, logistics and stock related activities in both our large stock holding warehouse and our hydraulic manufacturing and assembly unit.
- Ensure all order picks and transferred are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all goods received are checked, signed for and the relevant paperwork filed as per operational procedures. Any shortages/issues are to be reported immediately.
- Oversee, monitor and strive for continuous improvement across the overall warehouse operation;
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and rotated correctly and accurately logged;
- Be involved in employee management including disciplinaries, grievances, accident investigations and return to work processes; plan work rotas, assign tasks and appraise results
- Proactively drive the development and training of the warehouse team
- Positively contribute to innovation, implementing new ideas and new processes, and planning future capacity requirements;
- Review and process all job applications within the Warehouse, including interviewing candidates
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental is effectively managed - including employee well-being
- Order all packaging, tools and equipment associated with the daily running of the Warehouse
- Provide induction training for all new individuals within the Warehouse
- Ensure that all warehousing activities and accompanying paperwork are in accordance with company standards and financial targets. This includes but is not limited to organising couriers, product research, inventory location planning, reconciliation of stock and organising regular stock counts.
- Be flexible with regards to work requirements and commitments (late evening as required).
This is a hands-on management role, so you will need practical skills as well as management experience in various areas:
- Experience of managing a team within a small or medium-sized warehouse
- Proven work experience as a warehouse manager in a multi-site organisation
- Co-ordinating between departments ensuring deadlines and delivery times are met.
- Exceeding customer expectations with deliveries.
- IT and warehouse management systems
- Quality Control
- Stock Management
- Storage and Distribution
- Fire Safety procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- ISO Certification familiarity
- Responsibility for the whole warehouse process, including budgets, proactive cost-saving initiatives and maintenance of targets
- Experience of working towards KPIs including budgets, controlling inventories, analysing and investigating issues and solving them, computer use and data analysis
- Good organisation skills are required as Warehouse Management centres on the organisation of people, stock and budgets.
- Display a calm and professional manner always
- Proven problem solving and coaching skills
- Able to motivate teams to achieve and exceed KPI’s
- Able to make considered decisions quickly and possess the confidence to follow them up. A “can do” attitude with the associated desire to take ownership of tasks pro-actively and positively
- Proactive in finding ways to simplify processes and procedures
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong management skills
- Computer literate/ability to adapt to and learn in-house systems quickly
- Able to prioritise and multi-task
- Possess a customer service oriented mentality
- Hold a full driving license
The operating hours are 9-6 Monday to Friday, in Innsworth, Gloucester.
Salary is competitive, and negotiable based on experience.
Company Pension Scheme
Please call the Recruitment Team on 01452 730 774 (Option 4) if you would like to discuss this role further. We have a dedicated recruitment team that enjoys the personal side of recruitment, so we ask that recruitment agencies please refrain from contacting us.