Senior Mechanical Engineering Supervisor - Gloucester
Branch Hydraulic Systems, part of the Fluid Power Group, is looking for a skilled Mechanical Engineer to supervise their Workshop, based in Innsworth Technology Park, Gloucester.
Branch Hydraulic Systems specialises in the design and manufacture of critical and complex fluid power (hydraulic) systems, generally for bespoke machinery in an extremely diverse range of industries, for example, aerospace, motor racing, off-highway equipment and process industry.
The company is experiencing a period of exponential growth and requires an experienced mechanical engineer to supervise and assist their team of hydraulic fitters and apprentices to ensure that projects are kept to schedule and budget and that training is progressed.
The successful candidate will work closely with various people and departments across the company, to ensure the highest quality standards, exceeding customers’ customer service expectations.
The working hours will be 08:00-16:30 Monday to Friday, flexibility to work later when required is essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Building hydraulic power packs to the required specification as per the Project Manager’s instructions
- Manage a team, including workload planning and organisation as well as responsibilities associated with the position of Line Manager.
- To ensure that all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution
- Ensure all testing, operations, processes and daily checks are performed in accordance with company policies and procedures and relevant regulations.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained within the Workshop and responsible/assigned areas
- To carry out any additional duties as required – you will report to the Production Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Mechanical aptitude is essential; must be experienced and trained in the use of relevant tools and equipment.
- Mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent “time served” experience is essential.
- Able to demonstrate excellent engineering practice.
- Basic electrical knowledge required
- Supervisory experience would be desirable but mechanical ability is more important
- Must be computer literate, able to learn new systems quickly.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to motivate and drive a team in a positive and collaborative style.
- Competitive Salary, negotiable based on experience
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
If you think this job sounds right for you, please do not hesitate to apply today. Please send your C.V and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please call the Recruitment Team on 01452 730 774 (Option 4) if you would like to discuss this role further. We have a dedicated recruitment team that enjoys the personal side of recruitment so we ask that recruitment agencies please refrain from contacting us.