Due to exponential growth, the need has arisen for a Purchasing Assistant to join Group HES and their growing team.
Formed in 1965, the Group comprises of Hydraulic Equipment Supermarkets, Branch Hydraulic Systems, HES Tractec, HES Lubemec and HES Automatec. The company was recently named as one of the 25 fastest growing companies in Gloucestershire and need new team members to support this growth.
If you thrive in a busy environment, are hardworking and possess the skills and experience required to add real value to our purchasing department, then apply today!
- Raising purchase orders on the ERP System and online.
- Raising, expediting and updating purchase orders.
- Prepare shipping documentation for customs clearance
- Resolving Invoice queries
- Monitoring and projecting stock levels, including stock adjustments
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure efficient operation of all buying processes and delivery schedules
- Checking and confirming order acknowledgments from suppliers
- Chasing overdue orders and acknowledgments
- Updating and maintaining the ERP system
- Dealing with emailed requests from the Sales Teams in an efficient manner
- Liaising with sales to advise of updated delivery dates for parts on backorder
- Building part numbers
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Perform clerical tasks in an accurate and timely fashion according to accuracy and department standards
- Managing returned goods to ensure appropriate credits are received
- Performing other work-related tasks as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a purchasing function
- Conscientious attitude with meticulous attention to detail
- Good IT skills, Inc. Excel, Word and Outlook experience required
- Communication skills (telephone/e-mail/meetings)
- Organised and able to prioritise your workload to meet tight deadlines
- Proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and change management
- 5 GCSEs A*- C including Maths and English
- A purchasing/procurement related qualification is desirable, not essential
- Desire to develop knowledge and skills, through further education courses
In return, the company offers the usual benefits associated with a Division of Flowtech PLC.
- A cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this job, why we should choose you over other candidates and your desire to work for our company, is essential. Any application without a cover letter will not be considered.
- At Group HES, your opportunities are endless, with several career paths available as part of a larger organisation. The company will endeavour to provide you with continued support and training where required but the job role will require you to use your own initiative to drive your career and the success of the branch.
- If you think this position is suitable for you, then please apply by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please call the Recruitment Team on 01452 730 774 (Option 4) if you would like to discuss this role further. We have a dedicated recruitment team that enjoys the personal side of recruitment, so we ask that recruitment agencies please refrain from contacting us.