Key Account Manager - Gloucester
Branch Hydraulic Systems, part of Group HES, one of the UK’s leading suppliers of hydraulic power systems, is looking for an experienced Key Account Manager, to join their growing team.
Branch Hydraulic Systems have been operating for more than 40 years and are industry leaders in the designing, manufacturing, testing, installing and servicing of hydraulic power units and systems.
The company has recently been named in South West Business' "25 of the Fastest Growing Businesses in Gloucestershire" and was a finalist at the Cotswold Life Engineering, Manufacturing and Innovation Awards.
As part of their extensive growth plan, they are looking to recruit an experienced Key Account Manager to their team. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious professional to contribute to the growth and success of the business.
The nature of this role means that the role’s responsibilities have a crucial impact on the success and sustainability of the business
Responsibilities may include:
- To develop new customers, find and promote new growth opportunities and nurture new sales opportunities
- To develop and build professional relationships with existing accounts, including high-level decision makers
- This role will act as a single point of contact to the customer ensuring all KPIs and services are achieved and exceeded, where possible, in line with both contract and customers’ expectations
- To ensure that processes, tools, equipment, resources and all necessary training and supervision are in place to allow teams to carry out projects safely.
- To provide support to the Engineering, and Project Managers where required.
- Prepare and manage quotations, including proactive follow-up and successful conversion into orders.
- To liaise with Application Engineers to solve customers’ needs using standard and/or bespoke solutions
- To adhere to budgets and pro-actively control costs, whilst maintaining flexibility to meet customer needs.
- To ensure clear communications with internal & external stakeholders
- Monitors sales performance versus plan and takes corrective actions as needed
- Ensure business relationships at all levels are maintained to the highest level and developed to their full potential. Ensure that site and company continue to be aligned commercially, technically and operationally to ensure lead position in potential revenue opportunities
Advantageous Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in managing contracts to achieve high-quality services and outcomes.
- Technical affinity and understanding of industrial markets
- A proven track record of Key Account Management and/or Business Development, within the Engineering Industry
- A good understanding of hydraulic components and applications would be beneficial
- Well-developed presentation- and commercial negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, should work and communicate well with internal colleagues and external customers
- Possess the drive to achieve results through a logical and systematic approach, with long-term and short-term planning skills
- Able to work to deadlines; with excellent organisational skills. Should work well with minimal supervision; self-discipline and motivation and initiative.
- A positive and professional “can do” attitude, readiness to accept ownership and drive tasks through to conclusion.
- Strong decision-making skills and accountability
- Good IT skills and knowledge of a CRM package would be beneficial
A cover letter detailing why you are suitable for this job, why we should choose you over other candidates and your desire to work for our company, is essential. Any application without a cover letter will not be considered. Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com to apply.
Please call the Recruitment Team on 01452 730 774 (Option 4) if you would like to discuss this role further. We have a dedicated recruitment team that enjoys the personal side of recruitment so we ask that recruitment agencies please refrain from contacting us.